The Nikon Df is designed exclusively for taking still photos, enabling high reliability, advanced functions and elegant camera control in our thinnest, lightest FX-format D-SLR.
Experience the revolutionary imaging technology with the new Nikon DF, a DSLR which combines Nikon’s classy design and cutting edge technology. The camera features a 16.2-megapixel FX CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 3 image processing engine with an ISO range of 100 to 12800 that lets you capture stunning full frame images of exceptional quality every time.
With a robust magnesium alloy, and weather and dust resistant body, DF has 16.2-megapixel FX-format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 3 image processing engine. The CMOS sensor provides an ISO range of 100 to 12800 (expandable from 50 to 204800) for capturing remarkable pictures with true-to-life colours, even in low light.
Nikon DF camera powers up in mere 0.14 seconds with release time lag of approximately 0.05 seconds. Quiet Shutter-Release mode lets you capture even the most sensitive situations with minimal disruption. Compose your images with ease through the glass pentaprism viewfinder, which offers approximately 100 per cent frame coverage (FX format), so every stunning image is exactly how you see it.
Nikon Df Digital Camera Technical Specifications:
- Effective Pixels: 16.2 million
- Lens Mount: Nikon F mount (with AF coupling and AF contacts)
- Effective angle of view: Nikon DX format
- Sensor: 36.0 x 23.9 mm CMOS sensor
- Dust-Reduction System: Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required)
- Monitor: 3.2-inch, approx. 921k-dot (VGA), low-temperature polysilicon TFT LCD with approx. 170° viewing angle, approx. 100% frame coverage, and brightness control
- Viewfinder: Eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Lens Aperture: Instant return, electronically controlled
- Lens: Compatible with AF NIKKOR lenses, including type G, E, and D lenses and DX lenses
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/4,000 to 4 s in steps of 1 EV (1/4,000 s to 30 s in steps of 1/3 EV with main command dial), X200 (with shutter-speed dial only), bulb, time
- Exposure Metering: TTL exposure metering using 2,016-pixel RGB
- Metering Range: Matrix or center-weighted metering: 0 to 20 EV, Spot metering: 2 to 20 EV
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 to 12800 in steps of 1/3 EV. Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7, or 1 EV, (ISO 25600 equivalent) above ISO 12800; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- AF-area mode: Single-point AF, 9-, 21- or 39-point dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, auto-area AF
- Interface: Hi-speed USB, Type C mini-pin HDMI connector, GPS
- Card Reader: SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Battery: EN-EL14A Lithium-ion
- Dimensions: Approx. 143.5 x 110 x 66.5 mm
- Weight: Approx. 765 gm
Nikon DSLR Df Best Price in India: Rs 1,43,718/-
The Nikon Df isn’t for everyone. This is a product that’s as much about invoking nostalgia as it is about capturing the moment. Its control setup is slower than a modern DSLR, but should appeal to those photographers who want a camera that feels more like a camera than an electronic device, and its 16MP imaging sensor is excellent.